Transmission [Community App] | PlexGuide.com

Transmission [Community App]

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

chaoszero112

Citizen+
Original poster
Staff
Jan 17, 2019
Transmission (with OpenVPN, TinyProxy)

[Homepage] [GitHub] [Wiki Entry]

Transmission-VPN has been pushed to the Community Apps Repo*.

This container contains OpenVPN and Transmission with a hardcoded configuration where Transmission will only run when OpenVPN has an active tunnel. It bundles configuration files for many popular VPN providers to make the setup easier. You need to specify your provider and credentials with environment variables.

It also bundles an installation of Tinyproxy, allowing you to proxy web traffic over your VPN, as well as scripts for opening a port for Transmission if you are using PIA or Perfect Privacy providers.

*Pushed on Mar 7, 2019

Reactions: 1 user

Methanoid

Experienced
Nov 9, 2018
This is just the container I used to run until a did a rebuild and didnt put that online immediately. I cannot get this to work now. PG 8.7.5 and I deploy using PGbox. It fails to run as it has an incomplete config and when I edit the env variables in Portainer to add username, password and provider it then says "error when allocating new name: invalid container name /transmission-rss/transmission ... only A-Z 0-9 allowed" or words to that effect.

I am guessing this container is PG 9+ or something such that I do not get the "hard coded config" that enables it to boot first time???? I would love some help. This is the last part to get my config just the way I want it (and never gonna update or change!)
Post automatically merged:

A default install gives you (in Portainer) transmission-rss which runs and transmission-rss/transmission which does not (presumably due to VPN setup). Just checking you recreated the latter yes?

A default install gives you (in Portainer) transmission-rss which runs and transmission-rss/transmission which does not (presumably due to VPN setup). Just checking you recreated the latter yes?

Cos all that does for me is remove the VPN portion so if you have a working transmission I suspect its without any VPN!!! eeek!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Funboy63

Citizen+
Oct 26, 2019
Needs some advice please, I have transmission installed and working great on my local server however unlike all other PGBlits services I have running such as Radarr etc I am unable to connect to the Web Gui via my laptop.

Works fine on the local server using the direct local 127.0.0.1:9091/transmission/web/ however even though I have opened port forwarding in my router as per all other application radarr, sonarr etc I can not connect remotly using http://192.168.200.148:9091/transmission/web/

Anyone know what needs to be done to allow me to connect?

Many thx

Wondered if anyone could shed some light on the above question as still cannot get this to work? Thx

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending