Ultraseedbox now allowing people install Plexdrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisl106

Original poster
Local time
10:55 AM
Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys, thought I'd let you know that ultraseedbox are now letting people install and use rclone and plexdrive, previously they said no!

I haven't tried it yet, this is the first chance I got to get near a computer in a couple days.

Just some info on the server I have with them, which has been working well for me with 5/6 people direct streaming on plex!

It's the JAGUAR-2TB - €15.95/month
  • 3-4 CPU | 20Gbps
  • 2000GB Disk
  • Unmetered Download
  • 4TB Upload
  • Plex Included

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
5:55 AM
Jan 17, 2018
Hi guys, thought I'd let you know that ultraseedbox are now letting people install and use rclone and plexdrive, previously they said no!

I haven't tried it yet, this is the first chance I got to get near a computer in a couple days.

Just some info on the server I have with them, which has been working well for me with 5/6 people direct streaming on plex!

It's the JAGUAR-2TB - €15.95/month
  • 3-4 CPU | 20Gbps
  • 2000GB Disk
  • Unmetered Download
  • 4TB Upload
  • Plex Included
As long as docker works :D

chrisl106

Original poster
Local time
Mar 14, 2018
Should I try it now real quick? If something fails to install, would it be straight forward to remove or will I have to start my server again lol

404notfound

Donor
Local time
5:55 AM
Mar 8, 2018
Did you get a chance to give it a try? I'm curious to know how its going. I have just a seedbox with USB, I think its called Wind. This doesn't allow you to install plex but I don't think its designed to allow custom sites just downloads in/uploads out.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Local time
Jan 20, 2018
Feral allow Plex and pretty sure R Clone is an option as well - I don't have an active account with them any longer, but it worked OK.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Local time
Jan 20, 2018
Feral has Plex and Rclone... They allow custom software too. Just cant get root access.
From memory they aren’t averse to potentially installing 3rd party software for you by request if it’s deemed acceptable.

chrisl106

Original poster
Local time
Mar 14, 2018
I'm worried about trying it incase I mess it up and lose all my collection, I'm gonna practice a it more on my hetzner before I attempt it!

sickoo0

Local time
11:55 AM
Mar 4, 2018
Is it possible to use Ultraseedbox or Feralhosting to download media files with, and them upload to gdrive?

My VPS download speed is bad. :)

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Local time
Jan 20, 2018
Both support RClone, so both should be capable of uploading to GDrive.

ba2210

Local time
2:55 AM
Mar 9, 2018
The one thing I am struggling to figure out, Is getting radarr and sonarr to work?

My Setup So Far is 2 Servers (Seedbox and Plex Server).

If I put the Sonarr and Radarr on my seedbox. Once RClone moves the file. seeding is complete. Radarr or Sonarr will just research and redownload the file. Because the scan directory no longer has the file.

If I put Sonarr and Radarr on the plex server, Renaming doesnt work since the Download Client is remote?

flicker-rate

Respected Member
Local time
3:55 AM
Feb 14, 2018
The one thing I am struggling to figure out, Is getting radarr and sonarr to work?

My Setup So Far is 2 Servers (Seedbox and Plex Server).

If I put the Sonarr and Radarr on my seedbox. Once RClone moves the file. seeding is complete. Radarr or Sonarr will just research and redownload the file. Because the scan directory no longer has the file.

If I put Sonarr and Radarr on the plex server, Renaming doesnt work since the Download Client is remote?
True, you'll need to remotely mount the folders so that both servers share a common directory. You'll also need to tweak the unionfs systemd files. It's really hard to do it this way, and having done it myself, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Reactions: pcs333
Assists Greatly with Development Costs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending