Unable to change top level app | PlexGuide.com

Unable to change top level app

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

greengeek

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 27, 2019
I got everything working in plexguide. I installed organizr from the community. I can access it with it's subdomain. I then tried to change Traefik top level app from portainer to it. Traefix ends up not able to finish and says it is deployed improperly. When I got to my website I get a 404 page not found.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
yup, it works fine as i put in the pic below

greengeek

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 27, 2019
I tried that. It works some of the time but not most of the time, and I am only having issues with the community apps. The problem with tearing down and rebuilding it so much, is that it appears to also burn through my cert licenses and then I am stuck having to change domain names, or wait for the 1 week timer to reset on lets encrypt.

I Just tried moving muxumux to the top level and it also had the same issue. Along with the community apps not being covered by the oauth, where all the core apps are. I think it may be related to this post, https://pgblitz.com/threads/pg-shield-not-detecting-all-apps.3894/

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
no it works fine. pgshield has nothing to do with what your talking about. i just ran a brand new box and had portainer change to netdata and typed the domain and worked fine. when your apps rebuild, you do not burn through a certs. everytime you redeploy traefik (option A), its the only time that you would burn through one, but you would have to do it like 10 times. you most likely did this.

you can see in this pic that netdata is running through the top level domain. this is also on 8.5.7. i marked as solved as proof of this below shows it working :D

greengeek

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 27, 2019
I had no problem doing it with netdata either as that was under the core apps. For me it has only been issues the community apps. I have to reinstall portainer, or it will fail its check. I then have to install the community app and that will fail most of the time. I then usually have to reinstall the community app after i had set it as the top level app redeploy traefik. Sometimes that will work, sometimes i have to try a few times, and sometimes i have to change domains as i hit the rate limit on lets encrypt. While I am waiting the week for the domain I want it to be on to have letsencrypts api reset, I have been playing around with other domains and rebuilding or setting up new servers to try mess around with, and getting similar results.

Also an observation, which might just be coincidental, if I choose community apps first and only, and dont pick any core apps to install, it appears to always fail.

nocturne1

Active
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
You might want to try to uninstall/reinstall organizr. I had a problem trying to get heimdall working as top level within the last week - I noticed that there was some error during the Traefik script that seemed to indicate a mismatch with the docker container name. I'm guessing it could have been related to the site/project changes recently. In any case, uninstall the app, reinstall, make sure it works, then try putting as top level.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
heading to bed now, but a bit of a sanity check incase!

greengeek

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 27, 2019
Interesting. I can reproduce it on a few different domains. I find that while the core apps work almost every time, the community apps are hit and miss. The only downside about having to try multiple times, is one can only tear it down and rebuild it 5 times. After 5 times one will hit the weekly duplicate cert rate limit of the API which takes a week, on a sliding scale, to reset. https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

Also an interesting tool if someone wants to see how many certs they have issued for their domain and when, https://crt.sh/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending