Discussion - unable to create new service accounts - maximum number reached | PlexGuide.com

Discussion unable to create new service accounts - maximum number reached

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Superfishintights

Noobz
Original poster
Donor
Donor
Mar 31, 2019
I'm migrating to a new server and wanted to set up the mounts first

I copied the details over, and I'm trying to issue new service account keys, but I keep getting this:

ERROR: (gcloud.iam.service-accounts.create) RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED: Maximum number of service accounts on project reached.
- '@type': type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.RetryInfo
retryDelay: 86401s
ERROR: (gcloud.iam.service-accounts.keys.create) PERMISSION_DENIED: Permission iam.serviceAccountKeys.create is required to perform this operation on service account projects/-/serviceAccounts/[email protected].
blitz126 is linked to GDSA01
I have deleted all existing service accounts (so my old server has no active accounts now), but I'm still getting this error message on the new server.

I'm at a loss now how to move forward.

DaWads

Active
Donor
Jan 25, 2019
Hi - maybe you solved this?

I just had the same problem today and realised I deleted the users from Google Drive.
Have you been into the Cloud Console for the Service account? I found that under I AM & ADMIN I still had all the original accounts set there (though I had deleted via google drive). Hence I had hit the limit.

Deleting from there fixed the issue for me.

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Did you goto the google console and manually delete the keys? Trust me, if there are 0 keys for that project, you'll be good. Make sure your on the right project.

DaWads

Active
Donor
Jan 25, 2019
Did you goto the google console and manually delete the keys? Trust me, if there are 0 keys for that project, you'll be good. Make sure your on the right project.
I deleted them from the Drive that didn't work - BUT when I went to the console the issue was clear - a whole history list of previous installs / service users. Deleting these allowed me to add new ones and al was OK!

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending