Discussion - Unable to stream to Sonos after setting up Cloudflare | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Unable to stream to Sonos after setting up Cloudflare

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

fishtek

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 8, 2019
Hey all,

Recently moved from hosting my plex server using the free google credits over to a paid Hetzner server, and like everyone else, I found the machine is a beast, however the bandwidth I was getting back here in the states wasn't great (sometimes 5 meg/s sometimes 30 meg/s, but never fantastic). I went through the steps to setup cloudflare and everything is working amazing now, I can stream multiple 4k videos to plex web on the computer, to my roku, xbox, android phone, fire stick, apple tv, etc...

However the one issue I haven't been able to figure out is streaming to my Sonos system in the house. I suspect it is because I had to turn off Remote Access. However I did add the custom server access url of: https://plex.myserver.com:443 which is what I assume is allowing all the other plex clients to work. So I'm not entirely sure why just sonos is unable to stream.

I have tried removing the account from the sonos app, and then adding it back in, however that didn't seem to change anything.

Anyone else run into this issue with Sonos?
Post automatically merged:

Bumping my own thread here, just in case anyone has any ideas or knows how I could go about troubleshooting this.

I wanted to add that in the Sonos app I can actually browse the music library on my server, so I know that some connection is taking place, however when I go to play a song that is when it says:
"Unable to play 'song' - the connection to Plex was lost."

I'm would have expected the browsing of the media to work in the same way as actually playing the song, but maybe not? Like I said all my other clients (roku/xbox/web browser/android phones) can browse and play music/movies/tv just fine just Sonos can't play.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending