Unionfs corruption | PlexGuide.com

Unionfs corruption

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
I had a problem with Radarr and Sabnzbd which locked up the server. Upon reboot all the subfolders in unionfs are gone. The gdrive is still there and working but all the apps can no longer find their mnt point under unionfs. Is there an easy way to fix this from the PG menu? thanks

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Before you panic, reboot the box again, but it's easy enough to redeploy.

Reactions: 1 user

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
As datamonkeh mentioned, try the reboot first. If that doesnt work, you may have run into an issue i did. On your host run sudo systemctl stop pgunion, then ls /mnt/unionfs
If its showing directories or files, then one of yourr apps wrote to the unionfs dir while it was unmounted, and now it wont mount because its not empty. If there are files/folders in there, move them out, then sudo systemctl start pgunion

A redeploy may work also. Im unsure if it auto clears items in that directory or not.

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
I actually just redeployed the drives only and it seemed to bring everything back. Found out that it happened because my vm ran out of space due to checkpoints. Argh - all good now. Thanks fellas!

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Glad your back up and running! Also fyi, sometimes, but not always, when a mount on the host drops and remounts, the container wont see it until the container is restarted. This generally seems to be with direct mounts, e.g. /mnt/gdrive and not with submounts under a mergerfs mount, e.g. /mnt/unionfs, at least from my experience.

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
Glad your back up and running! Also fyi, sometimes, but not always, when a mount on the host drops and remounts, the container wont see it until the container is restarted. This generally seems to be with direct mounts, e.g. /mnt/gdrive and not with submounts under a mergerfs mount, e.g. /mnt/unionfs, at least from my experience.
Yeah I don’t think it could really correct itself because my vm kept crashing with disk io errors. Finally I realized it was out of disk. Weird one...

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Yeah I don’t think it could really correct itself because my vm kept crashing with disk io errors. Finally I realized it was out of disk. Weird one...
Oh i know yours was unrelated. Just mentioning because i ran into this once and messed with it for 30+ mins before realizing i needed to restart the container. 😆

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending