Discussion - Update 8.6.5 mergerfs | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Update 8.6.5 mergerfs

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ink0gnito

Active
Original poster
May 23, 2018
Hello i have updated PGBlitz from 8.6.4 to 8.6.5 with the newer mergerfs.
After that i didnt have any mount on /mnt/unionfs.
The output from systemctl status pgunion.service: failed
Jun 10 18:15:44 plex systemd[1]: Started PGUnion.
Jun 10 18:15:46 plex bash[15256]: fuse: unknown option `atomic_o_trunc'
Jun 10 18:15:46 plexx systemd[1]: pgunion.service: Main process exited, code=exite
Jun 10 18:15:46 plex systemd[1]: pgunion.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

trapexit

MergerFS Author
VIP
Jun 10, 2019
No problem. It takes time to rebuild all the packages I support but I'll have a 2.28.1 uploaded in a bit.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
No problem. It takes time to rebuild all the packages I support but I'll have a 2.28.1 uploaded in a bit.
updated your titles lol. Good to see you again. You've been doing some great work.

Reactions: 1 user

trapexit

MergerFS Author
VIP
Jun 10, 2019
Thanks.

2.28.1 is up. Packages will be uploaded when they finish building.

Reactions: 1 users

mondychan

Citizen
Oct 26, 2018
can you please give guidance to the rclone variables? i may have fiddled with it in the past and those could be wrong for the current setup :

thanks guys for your hard work as always!

introvertmouse

Experienced+
Apr 1, 2018
can you please give guidance to the rclone variables? i may have fiddled with it in the past and those could be wrong for the current setup :

View attachment 3487

thanks guys for your hard work as always!
Unless someone has a different opinion, if it aint broke dont fix it. I have been using the defaults with no issues. I may seen a thread or two were some made some mods to it but I rather not touch if working.

Reactions: 1 user
T

TheShadow

I would turn off cache mode, unless you use bazarr or something that requires that mode.

Buffer-size can be increased, I recommend a max of 1G but you need at least 16G of ram to be safe. Buffer-size is dependent on amount of free RAM, this limit is per file. So if you got 8gb or less, don't go over 128M.

Read-chunk-size can be 32M-128M depending on what you mostly playback (bitrate wise, and if direct play)

If you actually go into the options, there's helpful info to help you make a decision.

Test your values using Direct playing high bitrates vs low bitrates, as direct stream or transcoding aren't really affected by these values too much.

The PG defaults should work for most people.

Last edited by a moderator:

mondychan

Citizen
Oct 26, 2018
I would turn off cache mode, unless you use bazarr or something that requires that mode.

Buffer-size can be increased, I recommend a max of 1G but you need at least 16G of ram to be safe. Buffer-size is dependent on amount of free RAM, this limit is per file. So if you got 8gb or less, don't go over 128M.

Read-chunk-size can be 32M-128M depending on what you mostly playback (bitrate wise, and if direct play)

If you actually go into the options, there's helpful info to help you make a decision.

Test your values using Direct playing high bitrates vs low bitrates, as direct stream or transcoding aren't really affected by these values too much.

The PG defaults should work for most people.
thx a lot, i didnt notice (blind me) the notes under each option!
its explained there very precisely + your info, great ! thx again

hawks

Active
Staff
Donor
Apr 19, 2019
Generally, if i ever update anything I always redeploy PGClone. I did it automatically not thinking about it and have not had any issues upgrading to 8.6.5. I only realized you 'had' to redeploy it after and I was just browsing the forums :LOL:

pb1051

Experienced
Nov 6, 2018
Redeploy pgclone, as the configuration needs updates.
I've done the same update and then redeployed pgclone, but Plex it not finding any files in /mnt/unionfs/. I can see that they are still there, but Plex if having trouble seeing them. System was running fine for two months until this update.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I've done the same update and then redeployed pgclone, but Plex it not finding any files in /mnt/unionfs/. I can see that they are still there, but Plex if having trouble seeing them. System was running fine for two months until this update.
Reboot the system.

T

TheShadow

That doesn't make sense. If /mnt/unionfs had your files, then restarting the plex docker image should have worked. Did you make any custom edits to your configs? It seems that seems likely based on what you did and what you describe.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending