Welcome to PlexGuide.com

Register & Join Our Community Today!

Register Log in

"Update my library automatically" not working?

Read Deiteq's (Cofounder) Review & For a Discount Voucher!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

davaz

Systems Administrator
Partner
Hello everyone,

For some reason, the automatic library updates aren't working for me. Files are moved to /mnt/plexdrive4 but I still have to update Plex manually to see the new movies. Am I just misunderstanding and this is expected behavior or is there somewhere I should check?

Thanks,
davaz

Similar threads

Thread starter #3
OP
OP
davaz

davaz

Systems Administrator
Partner
I do have that set but I wish the automatic feature worked! Is it a limitation of this particular setup?

Thread starter #7
OP
OP
davaz

davaz

Systems Administrator
Partner
Well the scheduled scan works like clockwork every two hours, but the automatic scan (automatically does it when it detects new files) doesn't appear to want to work.

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
I'll keep this as an open note. It helps if other members confirm the issue. I think something has to trigger plex to scan because it's a cloud drive with a slower speed.

Thread starter #9
OP
OP
davaz

davaz

Systems Administrator
Partner
Sweet. It could just be misconfiguration on my part but I have no idea where to even begin checking other than the obvious...

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
we never know if you don't post :D thanks for making our community better!

Sweet. It could just be misconfiguration on my part but I have no idea where to even begin checking other than the obvious...

Datamonkeh

PG Captain
Partner
Think i've worked out the issue on this, the move from PlexDrive 4 to 5 resulted in renaming of the Plexdrive folder from plexdrive4 to plexdrive... content doesn't update after that until you change the library location in Plex ;) A fresh install won't show it up as you point it to the correct location, upgrades will.

Thread starter #12
OP
OP
davaz

davaz

Systems Administrator
Partner
Think i've worked out the issue on this, the move from PlexDrive 4 to 5 resulted in renaming of the Plexdrive folder from plexdrive4 to plexdrive... content doesn't update after that until you change the library location in Plex ;) A fresh install won't show it up as you point it to the correct location, upgrades will.
Oh shoot I forgot about this thread. Yeah, you're right. I noticed that not too long ago. Glad they finally got rid of that non-futureproof folder name.

Status
Not open for further replies.