Updating Plex when excluded from Watchtower? <SOLVED> | PlexGuide.com

Updating Plex when excluded from Watchtower? <SOLVED>

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

nocturne1

Active
Original poster
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
What is the best way to update Plex when one chose to exclude it from Watchtower? Always fearful that I'm going to destroy my setup by doing something stupid. (I know this because I have before....LOL)

Thanks!

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
Always do backups or i u can snapshots.

In plex you can check if theres an update and update from there. You should then be fine

nocturne1

Active
Original poster
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Wouldn't this potentially cause issues since it's a docker container? I would think that, even if it could update that way, it wouldn't be persistent.

zukato

Experienced
Donor
Jul 13, 2018
What I did today as I was not able to update from the web interface, is I reinstalled Plex app in PGBlitz. Library is not affected and everything went smoothly.

nocturne1

Active
Original poster
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Yeah, I actually did that earlier today. Was a bit hesitant because it went through the server claim process, but everything remained ok. Still seems like there's probably a more direct way - although I might just say "the hell with it" and just have watchtower handle it. Doesn't seem to update very often as-is...

zukato

Experienced
Donor
Jul 13, 2018
At one point if I remember correctly, it was not advised to use WatchTower to update Plex. Is it still the case?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Plex has a somewhat unfortunate history of breaking things between releases, the easiest way to deal with that, is if it works, leave it alone unless you need something in a later release.

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending