Usenet Indexers Retention Comparison | PlexGuide.com

Usenet Indexers Retention Comparison

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

thefireman

Experienced
Original poster
May 3, 2020
Has anybody ever made an indexer comparison concerning their retention? Would be interesting to know what indexers have the biggest retention / offer the oldest NZBs. This is really interesting as there are many providers that claim to have a retention of about 12 years, but this is all useless if you don't have an indexer that can offer you NZBs that go back 12 years...

Reactions: 1 user

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
I haven't looked at specific indexers, but regularly pull releases with ages upwards of 10 years.

Devottee

Citizen
Jun 6, 2020
Biggest retention and oldest retention are two different things.

I say this because it depends on what exactly the content category that has been indexed by which site, bearing in mind whilst most focus usually focus on TV and movie stuff, others might have a general approach.

Given Usenet has now become more widely spoken and approached, though content has always been abundant and plenty, now the content dump is on a gargantuan level (let's say past dump stats x50). This has led inde xers to some degree purging older submissions to make room for the newer entries. For example, Usenet-crawler (former site) I can't say about the relaunched site, I'm certain a lot of submissions (old entries from 11 - 12 years and beyond) weren't carried through. This can be noticed across the board on sites that have been around for a very long time.

Also as I said in my previous post, Inde xers usually based on the time of site launch would only commit to index from within a certain date band and thus continually index the upcoming days going forward rather than the past years. Ergo, older sites thus will have older retention than newer sites, provided they are active.

Reactions: 1 user

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Given the amount of indexers that scrape other indexers, that logic doesn’t always hold true. It’s well documented that certain indexers have fallen out with others over this and you’ll often see tagging or intentionally broken/random content from it in your downloads folder.

thefireman

Experienced
Original poster
May 3, 2020
Biggest retention and oldest retention are two different things.
I stand corrected.

Given Usenet has now become more widely spoken and approached, though content has always been abundant and plenty, now the content dump is on a gargantuan level (let's say past dump stats x50). This has led inde xers to some degree purging older submissions to make room for the newer entries. For example, Usenet-crawler (former site) I can't say about the relaunched site, I'm certain a lot of submissions (old entries from 11 - 12 years and beyond) weren't carried through. This can be noticed across the board on sites that have been around for a very long time.
Yes, this is unfortunate... And yes, Usenet-Crawler used to be a good source for old posts.

Also as I said in my previous post, Inde xers usually based on the time of site launch would only commit to index from within a certain date band and thus continually index the upcoming days going forward rather than the past years. Ergo, older sites thus will have older retention than newer sites, provided they are active.
Well, that's actually the info I am looking for. When was each inde xer created? Which one are the older ones. There is some info scattered in several inde xers reviews, but I was hopping this info was all available at one place...

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending