Discussion - Usenet Server Combinations | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Usenet Server Combinations

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
Notwithstanding all the Omicron Usenet offers on this site, what are your personal recommendations for Usenet primary, secondary and block/fill servers? Why?

I think I need to make a change in my setup due to poor completion rates and would liketo poll the crowd before I just arbitrarily/randomly choose one.

it seems difficult to fins non-biased reviews online on these. There’s so many affiliate review sites etc. Tell me your successful setups and experiences.

Thanks much!

ahseyo

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Jan 19, 2018
Block??? Pfffft block is for wusses who aren't about the yolo life.
I just stick to ninja tbh.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 user

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
Block??? Pfffft block is for wusses who aren't about the yolo life.
I just stick to ninja tbh.
Really you only have the one? Why that one specifically? Does your location play into that decision?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
For the money, Omnicron (in whatever flavour you get the best deal on) and something else. NGD+Demon gave me the best price option when last I looked, you can always get a year of ninja for $39.99, a good deal is $30 and an excellent deal is $40/18months.

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
For the money, Omnicron (in whatever flavour you get the best deal on) and something else. NGD+Demon gave me the best price option when last I looked, you can always get a year of ninja for $39.99, a good deal is $30 and an excellent deal is $40/18months.
So is the rationale, stick with Highwinds/Omnicron for the high retention (either NGD, Tweak , Ninja etc) and then find something else on a different backbone as the backup? Do you have any experience with Usenet.Farm?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
NGD is no longer Highwinds/Omnicron, they are independent and backfill from a 3rd party now while building retention, that's why NGD+demon gives me three providers for the price of two. Farm is decent, just make sure you understand who is who and what limits exist on which colour.

Paxonator

Citizen
Mar 21, 2020
I picked up Eweka on a good sale. I'm still testing out it between newsdemon and ngd but it seems like a winner to me so far.

Bellatrix

Citizen
May 6, 2020
Damn I missed that sale on eweka, hopefully another good one comes around this year.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
It’s always on sale on Kings Day, I picked up a €36/yr deal in the summer sale, at that sort of money it was rude to say no. That said you can get Ninja for similar money.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending