Using Encrypted Move, Cloud Flare - Proxy - Torrents, do I need a VPN so I don't get notices at Hetzner? | PlexGuide.com

Using Encrypted Move, Cloud Flare - Proxy - Torrents, do I need a VPN so I don't get notices at Hetzner?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
Love this project!

If I am using rutorrent and jackett, do I need to have a VPN, will I get notices at hetzner?

I have all the security and encryption deployed using Plexguide, do I need a VPN?

MP-JT

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
Apr 21, 2020
If not using private indexers it is recommended to get a VPN when torrenting yes.

Reactions: 1 user

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
I wouldn't do p2p without a VPN on a German provider, German hosts have a reputation for being anti p2p/adult for a reason.

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
For p2p is the rule

Never use open/public trackers without VPN
and never seed this file longer as 1min or 0.02 % UPLOAD
Next is slow down the upload speed to 1KB
Don't use the basic setup of rutorrent

The basic setup will use the full upload speed

You need a lot.of edit to be safe 🙏

Simple switch to usenet and you dont need any VPN or custom edits.

1 backboon
2 - 4 indexer and you got a lot of files

More is as basic USER not needed for private using

Reactions: 1 user

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
I am screwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwed! like a screwdriver stripping the screw, and I am the screw!

Was at work today, newbie torrent-er here; I noticed I uploaded/seeded 60 GB, not all in one day.

Well maybe I am ok, I am on Cloudflare and not using my original IP because it is proxied. Who is going to get the notice, me or Cloudflare? Am I ok?

I have since changed my settings to slow down some stuff. I guess I have to get rid of my public trackers, unless I get a VPN, Cloudflare is not going to protect me right?

Probably some silly questions because I am not in my wheelhouse here for sure.

Server in FInland.

Thank you, thank you!

Last edited:

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
Ohm..
1.) Torrent Traffic is not proxied ;)
2.) You are never save
3.) Cloudflare can't use for traffic / for torrent you will break the ToS .

You need to understand portainer and portainer-routing

127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0

you will see the torrent download and upload will use 0.0.0.0 and with 127.0 0.1 you can't not download and upload .

Just FYI

Remove the s*hit.puvlix bullahit and remove the torrent..

Before you cant use Anti-Leech Tracker ( non-public / closed P2P networks) stop download from torrent

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Or, use an external seedbox. I don't want the connections/be/resource hit nor attention on my box, so I got a $10/1TB seedbox. Mounted to /mnt/seedbox/data, and put the path substitutions in radarr/sonarr/lidarr.

If you do so, add the new path to unionfs via the pgtools menu, and make your path substitution to /mnt/unionfs/data or whatever the dir is. This will ensure hardlinking works properly.

If you don't want to direct mount it, you can use something like syncthing, assuming your seedbox supports it, to sync files across, and create your path substitutions accordingly.

phlexall

Citizen
Aug 31, 2020
Does anyone know about google 403 API errors? I am banned for 24h from downloading off google not upload probably to many scans in plex library. I am wondering though if it has something to do with the move folder in PG blitz It pops the error every time I manually move big TV packs from my drive to move folder then it goes to google drive. I have a auto scanner on my plex so it scans in on the fly. Now the other thing is I have 4 separate libraries for my plex on different servers to support the power so could it be that its scanning the same thing 4 different times? and that's throwing the the error. Either way when my plex goes back on I have consolidated down to only 2 libraries. Any thoughts if that makes since lol. Also is there anyway to easily monitor if/when I hit the 403 so I can be in front of the issue before it goes down??

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Does anyone know about google 403 API errors? I am banned for 24h from downloading off google not upload probably to many scans in plex library. I am wondering though if it has something to do with the move folder in PG blitz It pops the error every time I manually move big TV packs from my drive to move folder then it goes to google drive. I have a auto scanner on my plex so it scans in on the fly. Now the other thing is I have 4 separate libraries for my plex on different servers to support the power so could it be that its scanning the same thing 4 different times? and that's throwing the the error. Either way when my plex goes back on I have consolidated down to only 2 libraries. Any thoughts if that makes since lol. Also is there anyway to easily monitor if/when I hit the 403 so I can be in front of the issue before it goes down??
Use a team drive. Share that team drive with 3 other gmail accounts. Use those accounts for your other servers. You could also go the service account route but it's slightly more complicated. Each account and unique ip gets its own fresh set of API hits. Deploying a TeamDrive with blitz also gets you around the 750g upload limits. In rclone settings change your user agent string to "Mozilla" as well.

phlexall

Citizen
Aug 31, 2020
Use a team drive. Share that team drive with 3 other gmail accounts. Use those accounts for your other servers. You could also go the service account route but it's slightly more complicated. Each account and unique ip gets its own fresh set of API hits. Deploying a TeamDrive with blitz also gets you around the 750g upload limits. In rclone settings change your user agent string to "Mozilla" as well.
OK so I changed to Mozilla thank you I will try and work the t drive im not sure how to do that. also I condense 2 of my library's so that should help right?

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
OK so I changed to Mozilla thank you I will try and work the t drive im not sure how to do that. also I condense 2 of my library's so that should help right?
If by condensed you mean reduced, yes. If you mean you combined them into one library, no.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Assuming you have a gsuite, just follow the deployment steps for blitz tdrive.

phlexall

Citizen
Aug 31, 2020
If by condensed you mean reduced, yes. If you mean you combined them into one library, no.
so I mean I had 4 different plex servers under my plex account that had Identical data from the same google drive and they all scanned the same content as it downloaded. I moved 2 of them together so now I have 2. I did that because server power issues now I have bigger servers so no worries there. Make since?
Post automatically merged:

Assuming you have a gsuite, just follow the deployment steps for blitz tdrive.
I did do all that.

so I mean I had 4 different plex servers under my plex account that had Identical data from the same google drive and they all scanned the same content as it downloaded. I moved 2 of them together so now I have 2. I did that because server power issues now I have bigger servers so no worries there. Make since?

I did do all that.
1599954052134.png
This is how I have always done it also build 6 in key management is this what you mean?

Last edited:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019

I did do all that.

View attachment 4875
This is how I have always done it also build 6 in key management is this what you mean?
If you went from 4 servers to 2, yes that helps. For the other server just share your td with a Gmail account, and use that account to deploy.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Same concept, if your other boxes are just straight rclone mounts and plex, mount those with the Gmail accounts you shared the TD with. That way even if one gets an API ban the other won't be affected.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending