vps or dedicated server recommendation | PlexGuide.com

vps or dedicated server recommendation

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

kodimad

Citizen
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
i want to download content and upload it too my unlimited gdrive
most of the files i download are 30gig to 70gig plus so i need decent amount of storage
also i will be streaming off of gdrive for plex

i dont know if theres a system that auto uploads to gdrive then deletes so i dont need loads of space
also im new to the world of linux:)
budget as cheap as possible lol im using bytesized at the moment which is $15 a month
thanks

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
if it's newsgroups, yes auto uploads but the slow downs can be related to unpacking, upload being slower than the download and low disk space.

kodimad

Citizen
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
admin what setup would you recommend? hetzner dedicated server or hetzner cloud?
thanks

randyjc

Citizen+
Patron
Jun 15, 2018
You can always just try it both... first 14 days are trial anyhow. On the sixth of every month they send out the invoice. :)

I've tried multiple dedicated servers with this.

Reactions: 1 users

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
hetzner is too expensive in the setup...
Auction has zero set-up, cloud has zero set-up, you can't really go wrong with either.

...the files i download are 30gig to 70gig plus...

...i will be streaming off of gdrive for plex...

...i dont know if theres a system that auto uploads to gdrive then deletes so i dont need loads of space...
You need to consider your connection type/speed and client capabilities relative to your media, 70GB may not end well.

The process you refer to is basically what PlexGuide does (amongst many other things), taking news as an example you add the details to SONARR/RADARR, it's indexed, the NZB goes to your client, it's downloaded, unpacked/verified/repaired and then moved to GDrive and deleted from local storage. You literally need the space to download/unpack (so 70GB download needs roughly 140GB of working space) + OS + Plex + meta data + other stuff. If you want cheap, netcup do a SAS option that could fit your needs, but in all honesty I doubt you will want to be trying to play 30GB let alone 70GB files back, it won't scale well over a single user, let alone multiple users.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Auction has zero set-up, cloud has zero set-up, you can't really go wrong with either.

You need to consider your connection type/speed and client capabilities relative to your media, 70GB may not end well.

The process you refer to is basically what PlexGuide does (amongst many other things), taking news as an example you add the details to SONARR/RADARR, it's indexed, the NZB goes to your client, it's downloaded, unpacked/verified/repaired and then moved to GDrive and deleted from local storage. You literally need the space to download/unpack (so 70GB download needs roughly 140GB of working space) + OS + Plex + meta data + other stuff. If you want cheap, netcup do a SAS option that could fit your needs, but in all honesty I doubt you will want to be trying to play 30GB files back, let alone scale that up to multiple users.
spot on!

Reactions: 1 user

Murphy

Citizen
Oct 19, 2018
hello I do not know much hardware
I'm looking for a vps or dedi server (preferably a icore processor)
I seek to transmit to several users at the same time, (a friend mentioned to me about the icore that does not have so many problems for the simultaneous transmission)
What server do you recommend?
if necessary, I would rent a dedicated one (if there are cheap servers to start later with the support of my colleagues, I could pay for a more elegant one: V)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending