VPS | PlexGuide.com

VPS

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Plexshare

Citizen
Original poster
Apr 14, 2018
Hi there

I set up a VPS and loaded Gdrive, rclone, coldplow,nzbget,radarr and plex

i done this at the start of the month

i managed to get 8.5tb onto gdrive but alot of manual work. Rclone wouldnt auto upload alot of the time.

Anyways i just found out about plexguide, looks really good and i see there is a potential way to bypass gdrives 750gb limit.

I was going to set up but just wanted to check if my VPS would be anygood

its from Scaleway.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Check out the hetzner cloud also. They have much bigger drive spaces for that price, well less problematic. I never used scaleway, so I cannot speak for it.

Plexshare

Citizen
Original poster
Apr 14, 2018
Check out the hetzner cloud also. They have much bigger drive spaces for that price, well less problematic. I never used scaleway, so I cannot speak for it.
Ill look into it but don't they restrict traffic

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

also thanks for replying

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ill look into it but don't they restrict traffic

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

also thanks for replying
Hertzner does not, but careful not to openly torrent. NZBs are the way to go or some form of VPN.

Plexshare

Citizen
Original poster
Apr 14, 2018
Hertzner does not, but careful not to openly torrent. NZBs are the way to go or some form of VPN.

It says 20TB traffic. do they not enforce that then, and the drive space looks the same for that price really?

am i on the correct cloud servers ?

Thanks

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
20TB and then 1 euro/TB. For feeder box use, then just fire up a new instance for another 20TB - you can have multiple feeder boxes to a single GDrive account, just remember the 750GB/paid user/day will still apply. Also NVMe SSD's are sooooo much faster than conventional SSD's.

Plexshare

Citizen
Original poster
Apr 14, 2018
Thanks for the reply, Ive given it ago

Installed Plexguide and plex and sonarr / raddar

Where do i point the paths @ for sonarr & radarr, Normally i would point it at my mounted gdrive folder but i cant see that anywhere ? lol

Also i cant link plex/emby to my libary as i cant find the correct folder for my gdrive with all my files in

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Point Plex to /mnt/plexdrive/movies or /tv depending on the library, sonar/radarr are to /mnt/unionfs/tv etc.

see here

Reactions: 1 user

dataoverflow

Experienced
Mar 19, 2018
Point Plex to /mnt/plexdrive/movies or /tv depending on the library, sonar/radarr are to /mnt/unionfs/tv etc.

see here
I like to use /mnt/unionfs for plex as well, then you get new content available immediately without waiting for upload & if you use something like subzero for subtitles, it will be allowed to write subtitles that then get uploaded to gdrive eventually.

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending