Ideas - What do you think about Tidal? | PlexGuide.com

Ideas What do you think about Tidal?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Xployt

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
Hi guys,

Just wanted to start an open discussion with your views on Plex's recent integration with Tidal music.

If you're using it then let us know what you think.

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Somewhat overpriced unless u care for the bit rate

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Hi guys,

Just wanted to start an open discussion with your views on Plex's recent integration with Tidal music.

If you're using it then let us know what you think.
are you checking it out?

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
naaaah Tidal is not on my list. Spotify would rock.

i think Plex should give plex pass users anyway free tidal (or in future spotify) since they took away Plex Cloud from us.
just my 2 cents

titooo7

Veteran
Jul 31, 2018
Their curated playlist are quite good and they have lot of them. Even just focused on artists. Other than that... I didn't use it enough so I can't comment about their catalogue, recommendation of similar artists and so on

Xployt

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
So Tidal is only limited to the Plex Server Admin user. Which is massively disappointing. It's a great feature and does have much potential but however I will not be using it. It's easy to find music and add them to your "tidal playlist" and there is a large amount of content available.

However if you want to share music with your home users or shared users than I suggest you stick to your own music library!

Nice find with the trial @titooo7

titooo7

Veteran
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah every Plex user would need a Tidal subscription if they want to use it on plex. I got a 6 month trial but I ddin't use it on plex really.... I rather just use the tidal app

SirTranceALoT

Governer
Staff
Jun 14, 2018
Haven't used it and I'm not planning to. I even tossed out my plex pass. It is my recent observation that plex is focussing more and more on quantity of their services and less about quality. There are problems in the forums that are there for months and not being looked into like issues with the plex player for PS4 and Xbox One. I think plex pass members would value this more then just adding services that cost even more money.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending