NZBGet - What is the best hard drive setup for NZBGet ? | PlexGuide.com

NZBGet What is the best hard drive setup for NZBGet ?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

SpykeYs

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 27, 2019
Hi !

I hope everyone is staying safe !!

I am building a new PC and I would like to know what would be the best setup for downloading via NZBGet. Right now my current setup is far from perfect and is creating bottlenecks.

All my downloads end up on my NAS which is currently configured as raid5.

For my new PC, I am aiming to get a 512GB m.2 for my OS/Apps and a second SSD 1TB hard drive.

What would be the best configuration as to where to download, where to unpack, etc. ? Should I add another SSD ?

My ISP is 1Gb/s and I would like to maximize this as much as pissible while downloading, unpacking and moving to NAS.

PC is going to be Ryzen 7 3700 with 16GB Ram.

Thank you !!

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
You can make the 1tb drive your processing disk. 2x512gb in raid 0 might yield better performance but ssd's are generally plenty fast unless your processing 100's of gb's/day. Your bottleneck will most likely be writing to your Nas, depending on how well it performs. I don't know if pgblitz treats local storage like gdrive (writes to a temp area that's mergerfs'd with the Nas, then moves the content over.)

captains1stm8

Citizen+
Dec 11, 2018
I use google for storage, but I do the 512GBx2 nvme in raid 0, and a 2TB spindle for processing. It works terrific!

SpykeYs

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 27, 2019
C:/ - OS m.2 512 GB
D:/ - 1 TB SSD
E:/ - 24 TB NAS

Do I downlod on C, process on D and transfer on E ?

Which one should I configure for

Maindir
interdir
destdir

thanks again...

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Just to clarify, this pc is running linux as the host os and plexguide? If so, plex guide goes on your nvme, your processing disk becomes your 1tb ssd, and your desktination is your nas.

SpykeYs

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 27, 2019
Hey, sorry I should have added more information.

This will be my desktop PC running Windows 10. I want to make sure to maximize bandwidth (I have 1Gb internet) and maximize processing at the same time.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
As long as we're talking NVMe, then the IO limit will be LAN/WAN rather than the drive. Even AHCI SATA is good for 550MB/s+, so the difference between it and NVMe with gigabit WAN will be minimal. The 4k queue depth performance on either is surprisingly similar, NVMe wins on sequential though.

Last edited:

ursa_borealis

Citizen
Apr 7, 2020
@SpykeYs is this computer going to run 24/7? If so, consider getting a few NAS drives. SSDs aren't exactly the "best bang for the buck" solution when it comes to storing media.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending