Discussion - What's the difference between "regular" Drive vs Team Drive? | PlexGuide.com

Discussion What's the difference between "regular" Drive vs Team Drive?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

simongade

Citizen
Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
Setting things up for the first time and have no idea whether to choose team drive or not.

NurdTurd

Active
Staff
Apr 2, 2018
TeamDrives are like unlimited storage buckets, though apart from the "regular" Drive, they have a 250,000 folder/file limit.

simongade

Citizen
Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
Isn't a regular GDrive unlimited? Still don't understand the difference…

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Also: Chose to use TeamDrive and selected the team drive that I had created. No errors. But everything is still in my personal drive.

Last edited:

NurdTurd

Active
Staff
Apr 2, 2018
Isn't a regular GDrive unlimited? Still don't understand the difference…

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Also: Chose to use TeamDrive and selected the team drive that I had created. No errors. But everything is still in my personal drive.
A team drive is a sort of unlimited bucket inside of your google drive that you can share with people. Team drives have a limit of 250,000 files and/or folders. The normal drive does not.

Reactions: 1 user

simongade

Citizen
Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
I must be pretty slow :) – still don't understand why I should choose one over the other. Both are unlimited. Both can be shared. Team Drives have a limit of files/folders, regular Drive does not.

NurdTurd

Active
Staff
Apr 2, 2018
I must be pretty slow :) – still don't understand why I should choose one over the other. Both are unlimited. Both can be shared. Team Drives have a limit of files/folders, regular Drive does not.
The advantage over team drives with PG blitz is that you can upload 15TB per day. The normal drive is only 750GB/day.

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending