Discussion What's the easiest way to move media between Team Drives?

lnx-newb

Original poster
Local time
1:30 AM
Nov 30, 2018
PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Unencrypted
Server Type
Local - Virtual Machine
I set up my server almost a year ago now and it's been working great. I'm not a heavy user, and have around 3 TB stored on my Google Drive. I pay for G Suite every month, but also have a separate G Suite account for a business I own. Since I don't see any point in paying for an additional license, I'd like to transfer the contents of my team drive to my other G Sutie account. What is the best way to move 3 TB of media between the two organizations?

DeadPool

Local time
9:30 AM
May 2, 2018
i Use MulTcloud.
Not cheap but about the best at what it does.
dP

mythbuster

Local time
Sep 23, 2018
Move the content to a team drive if it's not already in one, share it to your other account and make that one an owner as well, then log into the other account and remove the original account. No downloading and uploading or even copying involved.

Reactions: justinglock40

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
4:30 AM
Jan 17, 2018
sounds odd, but couldn't you do this in the google interface with permissions enabled between both?

mythbuster

Local time
Sep 23, 2018
Exactly - from the google dashboard you can add your other google account as owner of a team drive, and then from your other account's google dashboard you can remove the other original team drive owner so you are the only owner. This is useful if you decide to change domain names on a whim, and it takes maybe 10 minutes regardless of team drive capacity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Trending