Discussion - What's the easiest way to use alternative docker images in place of what is included in plexguide? | PlexGuide.com

Discussion What's the easiest way to use alternative docker images in place of what is included in plexguide?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

vpatel9202

Citizen+
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I'm not familiar with Ansible (or Docker, really) but I've been trying to go through the guides to figure out if there's a way to replace the containers Plexguide pulls to alternative ones. I'd like my sickbeard MP4 automator to be included in the NZBGet container as that makes more sense for me than having Sonarr/Radarr call the script, and there's a few NZBGet containers with transcoding tools included. I'm just not sure how to plug it into the whole Plexguide ecosystem (with the proper mounts, Docker network, and Portainer).

Can you help me out Admin9705?

captngimpy

Experienced+
Staff
Mar 14, 2018
I was actually thinking about doing this myself. If you find out any other information let me know. I am trying to use the plex autoscan script and it would make more since to have the conversion done before its imported into sonarr/radarr so I'm hoping the the corrected file name will get sent down the chain and it will scan for the mp4 instead of the mkv. I think you should be able to copy the current nzbget container and when editing pull the other docker image to use but im not 100%.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Make pushes to the original project and it can be added :D

captngimpy

Experienced+
Staff
Mar 14, 2018
guess ill have to figure out what needs to be changed then what my github login is and then figure out how to push.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
guess ill have to figure out what needs to be changed then what my github login is and then figure out how to push.
Irony: Github died for 24hrs. Clearly they knew of your plan ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

captngimpy

Experienced+
Staff
Mar 14, 2018
So I have successfully got this to work. In portainer I enter the nzbget container and stop it. Then click the edit/duplicate button. This will open a new container, i went ahead and gave it a different name and then selected the vashp2029/nzbget:latest image and deployed. From here you will follow the mp4_automator readme. I went ahead and used the console in portainer to do most of the work like copying the NZB script to /scripts. You will want to go to set the permissions on the autoProccess.ini file to 666 so it readable writeable and vi into it and set the sonarr and radarr sections with your api key. Also want to change the mp4 section to fit your needs I removed /completed from the move to field as it was causing sonarr to not find the file to move. You will want to disable complete download handling and set the scan interval in drone factory to 0 the mp4 converter notifies when to move. In nzbget (not sure if the readme clarifies) you will need to activate the script in the Extention Scripts section. I will be happy to clarify and explain further im just terrible at doing writeups.

Reactions: 1 user

Kinvaris

Experienced
Donor
Apr 12, 2018
So I have successfully got this to work. In portainer I enter the nzbget container and stop it. Then click the edit/duplicate button. This will open a new container, i went ahead and gave it a different name and then selected the vashp2029/nzbget:latest image and deployed. From here you will follow the mp4_automator readme. I went ahead and used the console in portainer to do most of the work like copying the NZB script to /scripts. You will want to go to set the permissions on the autoProccess.ini file to 666 so it readable writeable and vi into it and set the sonarr and radarr sections with your api key. Also want to change the mp4 section to fit your needs I removed /completed from the move to field as it was causing sonarr to not find the file to move. You will want to disable complete download handling and set the scan interval in drone factory to 0 the mp4 converter notifies when to move. In nzbget (not sure if the readme clarifies) you will need to activate the script in the Extention Scripts section. I will be happy to clarify and explain further im just terrible at doing writeups.
Do you not need to add another volume in docker for the script? if not where does it get put? /opt/nzbget?

captngimpy

Experienced+
Staff
Mar 14, 2018
the /scripts mount inside the container is mapped to /mnt/nzbget/scripts on the host.

vpatel9202

Citizen+
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I made that docker when I was attempting this and then decided to go a completely different direction for my setup, so FYI, the docker hasn't been tested. I know there were some kinks, but if captngimpy as it working and can guide anyone through it, have fun!

captngimpy

Experienced+
Staff
Mar 14, 2018
I made that docker when I was attempting this and then decided to go a completely different direction for my setup, so FYI, the docker hasn't been tested. I know there were some kinks, but if captngimpy as it working and can guide anyone through it, have fun!
It works! Lol I had to make a few tweaks to the autoProcess.ini for the mp4 settings but other then that seems to be working great I had someone in my friend discord that request a bunch of stuff. I'm on the down hill side of 450+ files downloaded. In the last 36 hours after implementing it.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
good info, this will help for adjustments, just let me know if it continues to work

Kinvaris

Experienced
Donor
Apr 12, 2018
What did you decide to do instead and why?

I was looking at this because currently using sonarr and radarr mp4 dockers means I get a backlog of files that need converted. with this container I could use the nzbget pause queue while the script is running.

With limited knowledge about containers, does the fact you arent maintining this mean it will eventually stop working (not getting nzbget/mp4 automator updates?)

vpatel9202

Citizen+
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
What did you decide to do instead and why?

I was looking at this because currently using sonarr and radarr mp4 dockers means I get a backlog of files that need converted. with this container I could use the nzbget pause queue while the script is running.

With limited knowledge about containers, does the fact you arent maintining this mean it will eventually stop working (not getting nzbget/mp4 automator updates?)
It should still keep up with nzbget releases since my image is layered on top of linuxserver.io's nzbget docker. I just can't help troubleshoot any issues since I'm not using it.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending