Wholesale Internet Dedi - price was right and so far I've been pretty happy. | PlexGuide.com

Wholesale Internet Dedi - price was right and so far I've been pretty happy.

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

hemantx

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Jan 18, 2019
I decided to migrate from a VBS in Germany to a stateside dedi - found these guys. So far after 2 weeks, I have been pretty happy. Here is what I bought:

Dual Intel Xeon 5420 Preconfigured - 30.00/Month
  • 2.5GHz - 2 processors
  • 8 Cores / 8 Threads
  • 16GB DDR2
  • 2TB SATA
  • 100TB Monthly Transfer
  • 5 usable IPv4 Address
  • /64 IPv6 Address Block**
I am using it for Plex as well as ISPConfig for mail/web. My streaming has improved with fewer buffer issues. Just thought I'd pass it along.

wholesaleinternet . net (and I am not affiliated with them in any way other than as a new customer)

Reactions: 1 user

Cthe1

Experienced+
Mar 5, 2019
Why did you chose them?
That homepage shouts 1999, same does their hardware :)

You get a lot more performance for the price with Hetzner.

hemantx

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Jan 18, 2019
I was in the process of buying from Hetzner - and then I got an email after sending in my confirmation stuff that they were rejecting my account. I emailed them a couple of times asking for a reason and got no reply. As I looked around, this was the next best price I could find in the US...yeah, their webpage was definitely outdated...but like I said - so far, it is doing great for me :)

Reactions: 1 users

sma007

Citizen
Oct 27, 2018
I am interested to know if you looked into or even already have HW transcoding working with this server?

hemantx

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Jan 18, 2019
I have not looked into that - I try to avoid transcoding as much as possible.

hemantx

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Jan 18, 2019
Yes - I use them for my primary plex server (the entire PG set up) along with mail and nextcloud. No issues or complaints. For a back up, I still have a PG set up in my house that points to the Tdrive...I am only using the Plex container on this set up at home)

Jsova78

Noobz
Mar 16, 2018
I've been using them for about a year, I have the i7-3770(HW Transcode) for 45.00 USD per month and I have been very happy with the setup even with multiple streams.

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
I decided to migrate from a VBS in Germany to a stateside dedi - found these guys. So far after 2 weeks, I have been pretty happy. Here is what I bought:

Dual Intel Xeon 5420 Preconfigured - 30.00/Month
  • 2.5GHz - 2 processors
  • 8 Cores / 8 Threads
  • 16GB DDR2
  • 2TB SATA
  • 100TB Monthly Transfer
  • 5 usable IPv4 Address
  • /64 IPv6 Address Block**
I am using it for Plex as well as ISPConfig for mail/web. My streaming has improved with fewer buffer issues. Just thought I'd pass it along.

wholesaleinternet . net (and I am not affiliated with them in any way other than as a new customer)
Pretty good price, don't like boundaries but understand why not everyone can give away unlimited bandwidth. Not like I would ever need over 100TB of traffic back and forth each month.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending