Why so much interest in .in? | PlexGuide.com

Why so much interest in .in?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Nerosutton

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Dec 1, 2019
I see so many people looking for invites to .in here and elsewhere. What do they have that no other private indexer has?
I've come to the conclusion that sometimes people want to get into a closed indexer just because it's hard to do.
I use over 20 indexers and I don't see what .in would have that I can't get with the ones I already have.
Mind you this is a hobby for me so I guess you could say I kind of collect indexers.
You really only need three or four.

Reactions: 1 user

Nerosutton

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Dec 1, 2019
No, that's why I'm asking the question. I have a lead on an invite for sale and wanted to know what's so special before I spent any coins.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
nothing special as you rightly posit.
the appearance of exclusivity (like nzbs.org (rip)) creates monsters of humans.
You again rightly say that if you have 3 or 4 good ones that will be adequate for almost all but the most ardent newzgrper.

That being said...
Anyone got an invite? :poop:

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
rare as rocking horse poop.
no mate i dont have

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
same as 0mg and others.
Years ago you were shunned if you talked about newsgroups publicly.these days its a free for all.

pro_engineer

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 1, 2019
Generally they ban people who go talking about em and the owners are everywhere :LOL:

• Haha

smashthebird

Citizen
Dec 12, 2018
Way harder to get into the equivalent of BTN PTP in the usenet world

Saying that wtfnzb is way better then it should be in terms of content.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah nzbs.in admins are ban happy. I think they are more paranoid now

Elisacat

Citizen
Jan 7, 2020
The above discussion is all cool and all, but here are the facts, this is the comparison between the different indexers:

On the page unknown 1 is omgwtfnzb
unknown 2 is .in

you can see .in really excels at rare/older/harder to find stuff. If you are using Usenet just to download the latest or newest popular files then even the crappiest indexer in the world is good enough since the content is easy to find. And even for the popular content there are other factors like how many obfuscated versions of the files are indexed on .in versus others which means less chance of DCMA takedowns etc. Another factor is .in stores backups of content on their own seed-server which is a perk that users have access to - something not many other indexers do. And finally the fact that .in stays hidden and doesn't allow it's members to talk about it reduces the chances of their website from being shutdown; People forget that other big indexers have been shut down in the past so their longevity is more secure

so yeah, it's not just about being part of a 'secret club' like giddy kids in a superhero fan club.

deva5610

Experienced
Donor
May 1, 2019
I disagree that .in is worth it based on the results in that reddit post alone.

In pretty much every single test DS had more results or was near enough to on par. My own Hydra uniqueness stats show the same thing, .In has second the lowest unique content count out of 6 indexers that I was using.

With regards to the obfuscated content - I find using Eweka as my main provider that there's very few things I can't get from any indexer, from any time. I feel your provider choice here has a bigger impact on what you can and can't get rather than the indexer. I agree that .in does have some things the others don't, but then so do OMG and others.

It is a good indexer, may last longer due to the secrecy, but I just don't think it deserves as much effort as people put in to get an invite to it.

If you can get it, do it. It won't hurt. Don't stress if you can't though because with a well rounded setup it really isn't needed IMO.

Brighteyes

Citizen
Jan 16, 2020
I'd like to get into .in for the uniqueness, I tend towards collecting older series and unique content - audiobooks, radio dramas, documentaries, old foreign movies with english subs (criterions if I can find them). I've been led to believe that I'm more likely to find them there. Annnnnd of course it's pretty much the only one I've not found yet.
Back before I had redundant backup servers I lost one 6TB drive which really killed some of my more obscure favorites.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending