Discussion Will PLEXGUIDE solve my situation?

emphasis

PG User
Nov 15, 2018
Reactions
0 0 0
I have used Plex for several years with the Plex Server on my PC. The place I live has periodic power outage which I am able to access the PC and restart. However, I will be traveling for some 3 months and will have no way to restart PC if needed. I was researching if the Plex Server could be installed remotely so that I could easily and safely access it using my PlexPlayer on my travel device or other PC.

My initial review of PlexGuide leads me to believe that it can be done and PlexGuide can assist in setting it up. Is this correct?

If yes, can it be used on basic Gdrive? Where should I go to get more details, perhaps video? etc etc

Thanks in advance

Jerry

Porkie

PG Ambassador
Tech Support
Aug 9, 2018
Reactions
35 0 0
Maybe you could setup WoL (Wake on Lan) and remotely restart/start the PC. There are guides around for setting it up.

emphasis

PG User
Nov 15, 2018
Reactions
0 0 0
Maybe you could setup WoL (Wake on Lan) and remotely restart/start the PC. There are guides around for setting it up.
Thanks. I've already tried this but did not always work.

I also think there might be some other advantages to using a 'cloud server', just not sure where PlexGuide fits in

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,735 0 0
So what you can do is first have an UPS! After that if your pc dies, ya then you have to go with Wol; but have never attempted to try.

captngimpy

PG Overlord
Mar 14, 2018
Reactions
13 0 0
If yes, can it be used on basic Gdrive? Where should I go to get more details, perhaps video? etc etc
Important to note you should not use a basic Gdrive due to space limitations.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,735 0 0
Thanks. I've already tried this but did not always work.

I also think there might be some other advantages to using a 'cloud server', just not sure where PlexGuide fits in
it's basically an interface for quick deployment management. you can a server with 200TB+

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

PG Developer Donations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minez