Discussion WP Website on PMS Hetzner?

• Guest - 7.5 will focus on bug fixing for all the containers including wiki writeup. Thanks to those who tested 7.4 (which will continue to receive minor updates). 7.5 should not be anything radical or drastic (unlike PGBox and PGClone).

rcarteraz

PG Ambassador
Nov 14, 2018
Reactions
24 0 0
So, I'm wondering if it is possible to run a WP Website container on my PMS Hetzner server that uses a different domain than my PG domain? I have a beast of a server and figure I can easily utilize for hosting vs buying hosting from another site. I just don't know if it's possible to have another domain associated with the server or even how I would go about setting that up.

Masapa

PG User
Jul 3, 2018
Reactions
1 0 0
Tried to make nginx container with traefik labels. Changed traefik.frontend.rule to Host:newsite.com and it worked just fine.
remember to set your dns settings on the new domain.
Dont know how updating and that effects it.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,698 0 0
yes, i had this feature, it's needs to be updated, but it's on the to do list. it's in the code within github. it was part of PG5. Since i know more on what to do, you'll have better creation and indepdendent backup of pgblitz and when containers rebuild, all wp-press containers are exempt. don't want as site to conflict.

PG Developer Donations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lankanrebel