Xteve YML Testing | PlexGuide.com

Xteve YML Testing

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

mackattack57

Experienced
Original poster
Apr 14, 2019
I have some testing on my own with this YML for Xteve and feel that it is a good file to test somewhere besides my own setup.

This is a compilation of a few of the best practice ideas floated around on this site. I put them all together so you can do your normal customer container process.

1. Copy yml file to /opt/mycontainers
2. Run plexguide
3. Options 5 -> 2 -> 1 -> xteve2 -> A(Install)
4. Load .m3u (local and remote work with this)
5. Set filter
6. Change to xteve buffer
7. Load in Emby or Plex

I have not gotten errors with either platform yet but I figure some of you folks might be able to run this more than I will and see if I messed something up. I am working on a COMSKIP right now for Emby so if anyone has any suggestions to share for that, let me know!

Thanks!

Attachments

vFlagR

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for the contribution, I've never used Xteve but I'll give this a go and if it's all good we can work on getting it in to the community repo :)

Reactions: 1 user
Jan 21, 2020
Hey man it works great on some clients. Unfortunately this is bubbling my mind just as we speak:

1) On android it simply says the DVR client is offline in plex :/ - On desktop everything is fine
2) The performance on Samsung TV is working (yet they dont have grid view for the channels) but seems that after i enabled igpu transcoding, og shifted to another server last night it buffers every 30 seconds or so

Got any input?

Thanks for the YML it really got me going with xteve

eliMoon

Citizen
Dec 2, 2018
I was running into some issues with a "mkdir /tmp/xteve/{ANY_FOLDER} permission denied" error.

It appears there have been some changes made to this (bl0m1/xtevedocker) docker image that might cause some breaking changes to Plexguide users.

From the docker image maintainers docker hub website:
Important! - Breaking Changes in the latest release
  • The volume for tmp files are removed, you need to remove this volume!
  • The configuration volume are moved and now located in /home/xteve/.xteve
  • All processes in the container are running as the user xteve
In order to resolve these errors and get xteve 2 working on my Plex setup I had to go into the Xteve webUI settings and make the following update (update temp file location to /home/xteve/.xteve/)
1596995994344.png

Just to be safe I then
  • save changes in Xteve to temp file location
  • restart the Xteve container
  • remove/re-add tuner in Plex
  • restart Plex container

Thank you so much for creating this *.yml file the only change I really made was to keep the pgrole = xteve (instead of xteve2)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending