YouTube Tv

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Local time
2:43 AM
Jan 17, 2018
Currently, we have youtube tv, which actually is pretty good. I was sad when they raised their price by $10 to $50 and added more useless channels. Myself and a family member split the cost and has worked out great. They don't enforce geofencing like how spotify is trying to do with family members (which i don't get). You can share with 6 people total, including yourself with 3 active streams. So far, the unlimited DVR has been pretty good. I wish apple had a streaming service like youtube tv, but these are some initial thoughts? Has anyone tried it or cancel their sub because of costs? What do you get out of it?

matt314159

Respected Member
Donor
Local time
1:43 AM
Nov 29, 2018
I've had YTTV for the last four months and compared to Cable TV, it's hands-down better in every way. From 1080p60 video, to the unlimited DVR, the three concurrent streams, the variety of platforms, etc.

The thing is for $54 after tax, I'm thinking I might cancel it. I watch like five channels. If a show is on, more often than not I prefer to watch it on Plex because then I don't have to skip past commercials. I think for people who are into live sports it's probably a great option, but I'm really not.

PlexFan

Respected Member
Staff
Local time
2:43 AM
Aug 8, 2019
I like it but was annoyed by the price increase for a few merger channels. Anything beyond 50, I have to cancel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.